For the learner, learnerships:
- Provide easy access to learning;
- Increase access to employment opportunities;
- Assist in Career-Pathing and Self-development
- Provide a monthly stipend to learners while they learn;
- Lead to the acquisition of a formal qualification;
- Fast track the development of current employees; and
- Serve as an entrance into the industry for unemployed learners.
For the employer, learnerships provide:
- Skilled and experienced workers;
- Development of competent staff;
- Empowerment credentials and BB-BEE points for the company;
- Knowledgeable and competent employees who require less supervision;
- Improved workplace productivity and quality outcomes;
- A vehicle to address employment equity targets; and
- Help fill identified skills gaps.
For the Industry, learnerships help industry to:
- Become competitive in the global market;
- Build a pool of skilled, qualified & more professional workforce; and
- Develop their people to world-class standards.
Reference for information http://www.mict.org.za/inner.aspx?section=5&page=46